Welcome

Not sure which piece of news was more unexpected: getting offered admission to Harvard's Grad School of Education or finding out a few months later that I was pregnant. I didn't find a lot of relevant advice or similar experiences out there in the internet world, so I've decided to share the experience - I'm sure I'm not the first and I won't be the last. Here we go...deep breath...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Measuring In Weeks and Months

I have a new lease in Cambridge that starts in a little over 2 weeks.

I start grad school in about 5 weeks. It was planned.

I found out 8 weeks ago that I'm pregnant. It was a surprise.

Doctors use this really odd math when determining how pregnant you are. Today I'm 12 weeks pregnant (so they say). The 3 month magic "tell people" mark. We've been sharing this news for about 3 weeks now.

We decided 7 weeks ago to stay pregnant and stay on target to do grad school at the same time. Figured this kid wanted to go to Harvard the easy way.

I have months and months of vitamins and shots every night in my belly fat because of my superpower blood and the fact that I'm 3 weeks away from turning 35. We call this "the sideshow". It's really charming.

(sigh) and it has been YEARS, not months or weeks, since I've had to attend a full schedule of classes and write papers. Not sure what I'm in for.


No comments:

Post a Comment